Director of Case Management Services
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: Full time, health, dental and LTD/life insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, retirement and paid sick/holiday leave.
The Director of Case Management Services is responsible for selection, training and supervision of Case Management staff, as well as program development and oversight, including effective outcomes reporting and collaboration in the Homeless Management Information System via Wisconsin Service Point. This position will ensure the effective and compassionate provision of services to women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crisis via case management services to three client groups: Cathedral Center’s emergency shelter for women and families, community families (as either an immediate prevention/early intervention service or follow up support after shelter exit) and the My Home program for women and families who are both chronically homeless and suffer from a disabling condition.
Specifically, the Case Management Program Director will ensure that case management staff provide effective and comprehensive assessments, utilizing a strength based approach to establishing clear and realistic plans for independence and assisting women and families with referrals, support and follow through to ensure success. Supervisor will ensure necessary reports are completed and take a leadership role in program development.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide selection, training and support/supervision of all Case Management staff and interns or other volunteers.
- Complete client services and outcomes reports and submit to the Executive Director or appropriate fund agencies in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Provide leadership during weekly staff meetings and client reviews, representing the Case Management team.
- Actively participate in community meetings and consortia relative to Coordinated Entry, federal and local plans to end homelessness and the homeless provider network.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation of all supervisory and client oriented services, including HMIS leadership and data collection.
- Supervise the effective provision of comprehensive assessments, case planning and follow up services to women and families experiencing housing crises and homelessness, in a compassionate and dignified manner.
- Collaborate with community resources and other homeless providers in coordination of service delivery.
- Work closely with agency program directors and management team to ensure strategic and effective program development, assessment of services and development of policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
Master’s degree in a social services or related area, valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to reliable transportation are required, as well as experience in supervision and working with the homeless population. Ability to provide Clinical supervision in Social Work and Wisconsin Provider licensure a plus. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet based case management program needed. Some evening hours may be required.