Guest Services Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Salary Range: $26-28,000 per year
Benefits: Health, dental and life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, retirement and paid sick leave/holiday.
The Guest Services Coordinator is a full time, salaried position, responsible for ensuring day to day guest services are implemented with consistency and compassion- in particular among staff from different shifts- including afterhours admissions, facilitating new guest orientations, overseeing shelter shift summaries are completed and communicated and that building needs are seen to and communicated. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Guest Services Coordinator will support the program director in ensuring shifts are properly staffed, employees are trained and program procedures are carried out with respect to client needs and program capacities, adhering to the agency’s ethical principles and core values.
All staff and volunteers at The Cathedral Center are expected to communicate professionally and respectfully with vendors, clients, partners and co-workers. Hours are primarily 12:30-9:00 p.m. with occasional variations as may be needed.
The following are key responsibilities of the Guest Services Coordinator. Additional duties may be assigned to ensure effective teamwork within The Cathedral Center partnership:
- Crisis intervention with women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crises.
- Manage check-in/out procedures for all existing and new shelter guests.
- Complete intakes and facilitate a welcoming orientation for all new shelter guests.
- Triage guests basic needs and questions.
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings and guest case review, as requested.
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered, safe physical environment for clients, volunteers and staff.
- Assist with program evaluation and planning.
- Active, effective and professional collaborative work with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Effective and positive working relationship with volunteers/groups and with other internal departments
- Complete accurate, timely documentation of client interactions and observations.
- Support accurate, timely and complete data entry of all clients served, using the Wisconsin Service Point data collection system, as time permits.
- Help maintain appropriate inventory of necessary shelter supplies and assist with program reports.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate must have 2 years of post-secondary education in a social service field and be able to communicate professionally and pleasantly via written word, phone and in person. Attention to detail and ability to work effectively with the general public and diverse, vulnerable populations in a respectful and dignified manner are critical qualities. Candidate must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift 15 lbs. Ideal candidate will have earned a bachelor degree in social work or related field and have basic skills in EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft office software. All staff at The Cathedral Center are expected to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and to utilize a trauma-informed approach at all times. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application.
Full disclosure of past residency at Cathedral Center is required before a candidate can be considered for this position. Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must be willing to have a background check conducted.