My Home & Shelter Case Manager
Reports to: Director of Case Management Services
Benefits: Health, dental and life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, retirement, paid holiday/sick leave, mileage reimbursement, supported training opportunities (internal/external).
The My Home & Shelter Case Manager will provide services to women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crises through services in the community and for those who reside in shelter. Community work includes homeless prevention activities, outreach to those who are literally homeless and brief follow up support upon shelter exit. Through a partnership with Milwaukee County Housing Division, CCI can support up to 25 women and families who are both chronically homeless and suffer from a disabling condition. This position is responsible for supporting eligible clients with My Home applications, housing search and supporting them to successfully maintain safe housing. This will include home visits, referral to resources, an astute ability to document homeless episodes and work with providers to document disabilities, as well as a calm, thoughtful, client centered approach for those experiencing homelessness and suffering from disabling conditions.
This position will serve clients utilizing a strength based approach to assist in becoming successful with their goals for independence. Plans for independence include goals focusing on income, housing and personal skills with identification of potential barriers, strengths and facilitating connections with community resources.
Specific Job Duties:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments, case planning and follow up services to women and families experiencing housing crises and homelessness in a compassionate and dignified manner.
- Facilitate individual, family and group short term supportive sessions to assist clients in achievement of goals for independence and utilizing community resources effectively.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation (electronic and hard copy) of all client services.
- Assist clients in accessing and maintaining supported housing via My Home – documenting chronic homelessness and disabling conditions.
- Actively participate in internal staff meetings and client reviews, as well as participation in community meetings and consortia relative to the homeless provider network, collaborating effectively with coordinating service delivery.
- Assist with program development, evaluation and planning.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with Cathedral Center partner agencies, representing the Center and partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of community resources, ensuring effective and appropriate linkages.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Case Management Services or the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelor degree in counseling, social work or related area with an emphasis on family systems theory, marriage and family or families in poverty; Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and insured, reliable transportation; Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications; Comfort in learning an internet based case management program.
Preferred: Masters degree in above area; Experience in working with the homeless population; Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional information: Some evening hours will be required.
DRM: August 2017
Full disclosure of past residency at Cathedral Center is required before a candidate can be considered for this position. Candidates for all paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must have been separated from services here for at least one year. All candidates for paid and volunteer positions at The Cathedral Center must be willing to have a background check conducted.