Shelter & Community Case Manager
Job Title: Shelter & Community Case Manager
Reports to: Case Manager Supervisor
Salary Range: $30,000 – $38,000 per year
Benefits: Health, dental and life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, retirement and paid sick/holiday leave.
The Shelter & Community Case Manager will provide services to women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crises before, during and after a shelter stay. Prevention services focus on those who may be maintained in the community with support, shelter services support those who have become literally homeless and follow up services support those who will benefit from short term support once placed into independent housing. Through crisis intervention, comprehensive family systems assessments and establishment of plans for independence, women and families experiencing homelessness or housing crises are aided in resolving their housing crisis. This position will serve clients utilizing strength based approach to assist in becoming successful with their goals for independence. Plans for independence include goals focusing on income, housing and personal skills with identification of potential barriers, strengths and facilitating connections with community resources. The Case Management services of the Cathedral Center utilize a strength based approach to service delivery, as well as providing follow up services whenever possible.
Specific Job Duties
- Using a family systems approach, provide comprehensive assessments, case planning and follow up services to women and families experiencing housing crises and homelessness in a compassionate and dignified manner.
- Facilitate individual, family and group short term therapeutic sessions to assist clients in achievement of goals for independence and utilizing community resources effectively.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, professional and up to date documentation (electronic and hard copy) of all client services.
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings and client reviews.
- Active participation in community meetings and consortiums relative to the homeless provider network, collaborating effectively with coordinating service delivery.
- Assist with program development, evaluation and planning.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and professionally with Cathedral Center partner agencies, representing the Center and partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of community resources, ensuring effective and appropriate linkages.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Case Manager Supervisor or the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: A Bachelor degree in counseling, social work or related area with an emphasis on family systems theory, marriage and family or families in poverty; valid Wisconsin driver’s license and insured, reliable transportation; effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications; Comfort in learning an internet based case management program.
Preferred: Masters degree in above area; experience in working with the homeless population; Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional information: Some evening hours will be required.