Reports to: Shelter Program Director
Salary Range: $10-$15 per hour
Job Summary: Shelter workers are responsible for day to day shelter operations, including after hours admissions, building up-keep, positive volunteer relations and treating all clients with compassion and respect.
Specific Job Duties
- Crisis intervention with women and families who are homeless.
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete record of all clients served, as well as daily shelter activities.
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered, safe physical environment for clients, volunteers and staff.
- Collaborate with community resources and other homeless providers in coordination of service delivery.
- Assist with program evaluation and planning.
- Active, effective and professional collaborative work with Cathedral Center’s partner agencies, representing the Cathedral Center and all partner agencies in a professional and dignified manner at all times.
- Effective and positive working relationship with volunteers/groups.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
At lease two years post secondary education and experience working with the homeless population. Equivalent experience in lieu of education will be considered. Effective skill in use of EXCEL, Word and other Microsoft applications, as well as comfort in learning an internet based case management program needed. Shelter staff work 2nd and 3rd shifts. Those with bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are strongly encouraged to apply.