Job Title: Custodian
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $10 – $13 per hour
The Custodian is responsible for assisting to maintain a safe and clean physical environment. Specifically, the Custodian is responsible for day-to-day cleaning of all three floors of the building, as well as minor maintenance and building organization. This is a part-time, hourly position which reports directly to the Program Director.
Specific Job Duties:
- Sweep/vacuum and mop floors on all three levels including bathrooms, hallways and common rooms.
- Daily tasks include emptying trash and recyclables throughout building and removing it to outside bins. Sanitizing bathrooms and eating areas, dusting, wiping down windows on doors, cleaning first floor kitchen
- Seasonal duties may include minimal snow removal and spreading salt or ice melt in cold weather.
- The Custodian is a key person responsible for reporting maintenance and repair needs throughout the building and may be asked to complete minor repairs as directed.
- Works to ensure the building is maintained as a clean, welcoming and safe environment.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationship with staff, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in basic cleaning or housekeeping
- Ability to stand, walk, ascend and descend stairs, lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain appropriate and healthy boundaries with co-workers and clients
- Read and write at the 8th grade level or higher – high school completion or higher preferred.
- Experience with basic repairs and routine maintenance of equipment preferred